Map Filter:

View of Situation in SD

posted by augiedogie1 at about 1 year ago

Pages:
    Square_missing
    Rank3

Had to add my view. In no particular order but with some knowledge I write these observations.

Why the attack on MMJ in San Diego now and with such fervor? The City HAD to contact Laura Duffy and friends for help. Jan Goldsmith, Bonnie Dumanis. the mayor, the police chief etc contacted the FEDS for Help cause they could not get it done. This is a Penn State type SECRETIVE conspiracy. Local government calls on Feds for help with or without knowledge of Council members!!! Did your council member and their staff know about this? Have they commented at all on this INVASION by the Feds? NO. They knew it was coming and they do nothing and do not deserve your support or votes. ASK THEM HOW ELSE could the Feds come here with such enthusiastic delight? Dumanis and Goldsmith are delighted and are complicit as are all the other City Gov, workers .

You gonna ask them about how much they knew or vote for them? They have NOT represented your interests. They have gone behind your back with secret calls, agreements, sharing of information. Take for example the closure letter to Medi Mary. She was on the list provided by the CITY not researched by the FEDS cause she was closed. Lots of evidence that the CITY conspired and cooperated with the feds. Big Bro comes the rescue of corrupt city workers.

The MMJ is an EASY community to attack. Sitting ducks or trout in a farm pond ready to reel in. Not hard work. Letters and threats. Thats what we are paying them for? They chalk up this great accomplishment of closing public store fronts with a minimum of work and effort. Do they go after gangs or cartels like this? That would take real work and surveillance and lots more money. So why not get a community they know is not armed, not organized, has not alot of money. How many cases do you see where there was a threat of bodily harm to the police during raids? Zero cause there is no real crime here. Easy pickings and kudos earned by the government both LOCAL and FEDERAL. Is there now going to be less crime, safer for children, less contraband, more jobs or a better city? NOT!! They also thrive on secrecy by not letting anyone know what their plans or policies are in truth. Keep those stoners guessing, scared and confused. It is not law enforcement rather a cruel disservice to simple people. Another ccupy issue.

Take a quick view from dispensary side. It is not easy to run one of these places. Incorporation $5000. Furnishings with cameras, computers, equipment, furniture, lights, paint carpet, scales, containers, etc $25000 if you cut corners. Product $25000 to $100k. Keep it fresh, top shelf, restocked. Easy??? Hire employees who are trustworthy, reliable, trained, competent, friendly honest. Not easy in any business. Pay taxes, advertise to weedmaps, keep accurate records for patients. They work LONGGGGGGGGGG hours and live in fear often that all could bbe taken away. Reward? Helping people who truly need it and cannot find relief anywhere else. BIG MONEY for most? You gotta be kidding. Threat to the community? Its the opposite.

Did I mention TAXES? These dispensaries have paid tens of millions of dollars to the State for taxes. They followed state laws set up by state legislators. They should get their money back because our governor and the Attorney General Kamala Harris(who would NOT have been elected without the MMJ) have not said a word about enforcing state law or protecting peoples rights by going to court on behalf of the MMJ community. Taxpayer rights? Sue the state!!! They committed fraud by making DISPENSARIES pay taxes for illegal activity. Too bad the MMJ does not have the millions of dollars US Attorneys all allege they have or court action could be pursued. State helping protect a Proposition 215? Not happening.

OK give the tax money back.

Then we come to WEEDMAPS another non participant. They were bought by Marijuana InC. Any help from them for court action? Any lobbying on behalf OF THEIR CLIENTS? dISPENSARIES? I hope they do not delete this post for this but they made over $1 million in July. The hypocrisy is too evident to need more comment. Yes WEEDMAPS IS PROVIDING A SERVICE BUT THEY ARE GETTING PAID AND SHOULD DO SO MUCH MORE. THEY DO NOT DESERVE A FREE PASS

What can be done by the MMJ community? Vote out all reps in local government. tHEY ARE COWERING IN CORNERS DURING THIS TIME. Call them and ask why no comment or help. Local confrontation is a start cause that is where you can make an IMPACT. WE ALSO NEED SOME HEROES CAUSE ON THIS FORUM PEOPLE BICKER AND POKE AND RIDICULE PEERS WITH NO BENEFIT TO ANYONE. PATRICK HENRY 'DIVIDED WE FALL'

HOPE THIS HELPS. NO BLAME AMONG US DESPITE OUR MANY DISPUTES AND WIERD SUSPICIONS MENTIONED. A RALLY COULD BE CALLED BUT I KNOW MANY OF US WORK AND ARE LIMITED BUT WE ARE NOT DISENFRANCHISED. YOU LET BONNIE DUMANIS WIN MAYORAL ELECTION OR ANY WHO ESPOSE HER POLITICAL VIEWS THEN YOU DIMINISH CHANCE FOR CHANGE EVEN MORE.

Shame on Bonnie. She has been in a minority for years. She now stands in judgement of those who have less than her because she wants political power gained by stepping on others. Judging others. Conspiring behind the scenes to deny rights to patients. How many gang bangers, child molesters, drunk driver, drug smuggler, heroin pushes have you arrested lately? How many conspiratoriapublic government officials have you investigated in the good old boys and girls club have you investigated? That is not a public servant.

Gotta go
    Peace and health

Square_missing
    Rank3

Whose representative locally has any public statement to make on behalf of businesses and patients and government policy? Do they have any backbone or ethics or what or did they all know ahead of time this was coming? They have a responsibility to the people who voted for them to make a statement one way or another. That would show their true colors MAKES IT easy to know how to vote.

we can all tell the pc response from lies and the real truth. speak up reps

by the way i was negligent to mention the thousand people who lost their jobs and the tens of thousands of affiliated business folks who will also lose money from this criminal group of patients and business people

In reply to augiedogie1
    Square_missing
    Rank

totally agree. It's time to make our voices heard with out votes. If we aren't represented by mayor, city council, state.... vote em out. Too many people to not be heard.

In reply to augiedogie1
    Square_missing
    Rank3

Came back. How about replacements to these officials. Lets nominate our own and elect them. I have some people in mind. IF PEOPLE WOULD REALLY VOTE we could replace some of these yahoos.

Would you vote if someone from the mmj community ran? How do you think gay rights became so prominent? Political action. Rallies. Marches. Parades. I say Weedmaps pays for a series of parades and rallies and we have a convention in January/ February and put a slate of candidates for office in the City. The candidates now are elected by maybe 15 percent of the eligible voters. So someone could win the mayors office with a minority of say 12 percent of actual voters. If 40 percent of a million people vote thats 400,000. Divide that by 8 candidates. Thats 50,000 each. Thats 5 percent of the electorate of 1 million.

There have to be 50,000 folks who would support a candidate who owes no one anything and who can provide jobs, improve the local economy and who actually listens to people.

So lets get a slate of candidates and start a political party that can really have people who have been disenfranchised in it. Hey Gil want to run for office?

How many are up for election? If we have to write them in then we can do that. I can throw some other names around but the point is can any one actually rally people into action? Can we be funded by anyone? Are there leaders you know or believe in? Some notable celebrities in San Diego? Nominate the senator"s daughter who came out in favor of the mmj community just recently. There are some politically active people out there who are saavy and connected.

You may not agree on the strain, or the effect, or the potency, or the results of your medicine but you can agree that there is a common cause to protect. How about backing from NORML and ASA and doctors and related businesses? Got any ideas on how to proceed? A rally this weekend?

I am tripping and am straight as as an arrow, but my mind is racing!!!!!! Whattya think?

In reply to augiedogie1
    Square_missing
    Rank3

A standard question for any candidates in the upcoming local election needs to address how the Feds came to San Diego and not so strong in any other locale like LA or San Fran. Did the local gov. request federal intervention. Did the City gov. keep the request a secret. Why no one in local govern. objected to states rights being ignored or questioned.

Why the candidates feel like they have no connection or dialogue with the local electorate and operate as an puppet of the Fed government. Why the mayor said his office will work with the mmj community and then has remained silent.

Why Dumanis has made no comments since Big Brother moved in. Do people in SD just want to be run by Wash. DC without any voice or forum for discussion? Where is any dialogue for the general public to be heard? If we can generate 44,000 signatures in 2 weeks then that is a strong political statement. Why do the candidates not propose taxing with representation and the fact that thousands of jobs have already been created along with lots of revenue.

Where is there a public discussion from any source? Everyone hides like its the time of THE Terminator from the future. If you talk then you will be investigated. It is like martial law and people have lost their freedom of speech. Where do they stand on reclassifying marijuana to a Schedule 2 drug?

Call your local representative and demand a public statement from them. If they say they are not able to do anything or say they are glad its happening or "its the law" and it must be enforced" then you know they have little sense of serving local needs. They cannot stand up to anything even in their words. They do not acknowledge state law as having any validity.

Is anyone out there amazed by the lack of response by our local gov. reps? We have no office or status and no one reads weedmaps as much anymore so why not make it widespread.

Got any ideas??? Old School left local phone numbers of reps on a different thread but you need to act

States control education locally and statewide. It is not mentioned in the Constitution so it is a reserved power for the state. The same can be said about a state law for marijuana. Call today and then share what the local gov rep says and see how spineless and wishy washy they are.

Like Pedro says in Napoleon Dynamite "If you vote for me all your wildest dreams will come true!' Start the calls today. Peace and happy dialing

In reply to augiedogie1
    Square_missing
    Rank6

I read you loud and clear Dogie!
    Pick up the phone, AT LEAST.

In reply to augiedogie1
    Square_5acacd31ac863935c680bb01
    Rank4

SDfototaker wrote:

It would be nice to see weedmaps coordinate some type of effort to bring the community together as a political voice in this time of need. I really like this site but have to admit my disappointment at seeing $4 million dollars being used to purchase Marijuana Inc yet being relatively silent in the cause itself. $4 million dollars is a lot of political influence. If 1/4 of that was used in a lobbying capacity (more than NORML's total lobbying efforts to date) Weedmaps could have as much influence in dictating marijuana policy as the oil industry does with energy policies.

i have always supported (by reviewing, and using the site) weedmaps... but i have always known, not even deep down, that Hartfield's Intentions were NEVER purely for us patients. I always ignored it, because i saw it as a roadblock to what us patients are trying to do. They do lots of questionable moves in the business world... now that we are in this position of the "war on prohibition" the true colors of everyone will come out... In reply to augiedogie1
    Square_missing
    Rank

Come on <!-- s:lol: --><!-- s:lol: --> Weedmaps is FOR PROFIT, <!-- s:mrgreen: --><!-- s:mrgreen: --> Its a very good site that was started first, Too he come the riches!!! Now there a pub- traded company that is just selling out there stock on the pink sheets MAKING BANK , You would do the same and take the money! DONT BE SUCH A STONER!!!! <!-- s:roll: --><!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: --><!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: --><!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:lol: --><!-- s:lol: -->

In reply to augiedogie1
    Square_missing
    Rank3

speak for yourself on whether anyone would do what you say-- and WEEDMAPS ALERT do not bite the hand that feeds you. weedmaps is a perfect example of how purpose is lost for profit. but staying on task, why has no public official addressed the invasion of sd by INVITATION. OBAMA IS NOW THE LAW IN SAN DIEGO AND ALL POLICE REPORT TO HIM. ALL INFO ON ALL DISPENSARIES IS GIVEN TO THE FEDS. ASK BONNIE AND JAN G WHETHER THIS INFO IS BEING FED TO THE FEDS. WATCH THEM DENY AND SQUIRM. L DUFFY STAY FOCUSED ON THE POINTS BEING MADE. THERE IS NO SOVEREIGNTY IN THE STATE DESPITE WHAT LAWS ARE PASSED.

IF YOU LOSE SIGHT OF THE FACT FREEDOMS ARE BEING ERODED THEN YOU WILL BLAME SOME OTHER ENTITY. CALL YOUR REPS

In reply to augiedogie1
    Square_missing
    Rank6

I can attest that I recently visited a cooperative up in Santa Barbara/Goleta and got to rappin with them about our troubles with closures down here in San Diego. The folks there thought I was talking about zoning issues (how 2010...), and had no clue what I was referring to when I started ranting about the Feds encroaching on our rights as Californians. I asked if their landlord got "the letter", they looked at me like I was speaking a different language.

WHY?

If this is a Federal beef with the state of CA and the laws we VOTED ON ALREADY AND PASSED, why are they picking and choosing which jurisdictions to go after? Its like AugieDogie says, our ELECTED officials here in San Diego are OBVIOUSLY in bed with the powers that be in the Federal Govt who are perpetrating this offense on our RIGHTS.
    The Federal Govt readily admits that they do not have the manpower or financial chops to target CA as a whole - in fact, they don't have the budget these days to even go after one city, like San Diego, without the expressed consent and cooperation of the local political body.

Call the SHIT OUT OF these phone numbers...till they know you by your heavy breathing and Funyun chomping. Sit outside their offices if you have nothing else going on, have honest civil clearly presented questions ready to ask and a cell camera ready to roll when you do ask. I almost wish I was unemployed these historic days, they wouldnt want any part of my occupation...

In reply to augiedogie1
    Square_missing
    Rank3

JackDanieL wrote:
    I can attest that I recently visited a cooperative up in Santa Barbara/Goleta and got to rappin with them about our troubles with closures down here in San Diego. The folks there thought I was talking about zoning issues (how 2010...), and had no clue what I was referring to when I started ranting about the Feds encroaching on our rights as Californians. I asked if their landlord got "the letter", they looked at me like I was speaking a different language.

If they are completely unaware that locations are being shut down throughout the state...they are obviously not paying attention. In reply to augiedogie1
    Square_missing
    Rank6

bogartty wrote:

If they are completely unaware that locations are being shut down throughout the state...they are obviously not paying attention.
    In reply to augiedogie1
    Square_missing
    Rank3

I dont think it is as simple as conservative areas are facing closures and liberal areas aren't. Dispensaries in Oakland and SF received letters. The city of Sacramento has faced numerous closures and its typically liberal. I wouldn't base my opinions about this situation on someone who is unaware of what is going on state wide.

In reply to augiedogie1
    Square_missing
    Rank6

If its "state-wide", then they should be closing....
    Again, we are getting way off track.

I dont want to see them closed.
    I dont blame them for their uninformed attitude.
    I read reviews pouring out of LA and Orange county while I see my entire town folding up like a $2 lawn chair.
    I'm trying to find solutions, not nit-pick the most asinine details.

In reply to augiedogie1
    Square_missing
    Rank3

JackDanieL wrote:
    I'm trying to find solutions, not nit-pick the most asinine details.

How exactly is it an asinine detail that I point out these closures are happening throughout the state in completely liberal areas like Marin and SF?

Im all for coming up with a strategy to fight this, but there is nothing to gain from trying to simplify the problem. Your post makes it sound like this is only happening here. It isn't.

I think its pretty ridiculous someone who works at a dispensary would have that little awareness about what is going on, but thats not the point. The point is I wouldn't put any weight on their view of the situation.

Considering this whole situation has its roots in the liberal Obama admin and the 4 US attorneys he appointed, I think its pretty hard to make this a liberal vs conservative area argument. In reply to augiedogie1
    Square_missing
    Rank6

Didn't mean to imply that your point(s) are asinine - what I was, and am, trying to convey is that I do not think this is merely a liberal vs conservative issue and to try to boil it down to any one issue is lame, but I do think that right vs left is one aspect of it. If San Diego had elected more liberal city officials, our path would be paved much smoother in a case like this.

I also have wondered, as has the original poster, why EVERY SHOP in LA or OC didnt get a letter like San Diego did....why every shop in CA didnt get one.
    What is your opinion on that?

Thats what this thread is about, what we can do to make things right and prevent this hardship in the future.
    My idea is, on a local level, pressure the current officials then vote in more progressive ones. It just so happens, the progressive ones aren't ever 'Conservatives'...imagine that...

In reply to augiedogie1
    Square_missing
    Rank3

JackDanieL wrote:
    I also have wondered, as has the original poster, why EVERY SHOP in LA or OC didnt get a letter like San Diego did....why every shop in CA didnt get one.
    What is your opinion on that?

San Diego has a different US attorney then LA and OC. Each one has their own approach to this. But all four of them announced this crackdown together, they are all going for the same result.

Im sure they also view San Diego as an easier first target to crack down on. If they are going to send threatening letters and promise to go after landlords, it would make sense they can't do that to every dispensary, in every city in the state, at the same time. So send some throughout the state to get the message out and then focus on a city you think you can clear them out of to get the ball rolling.

I think its a combination of those two reasons. In reply to augiedogie1
    Square_missing
    Rank3

The problem is the federal government can not crack down on CA without cracking down on every states medical programs. Four federal prosecutors don't have the authority to do what they are doing. The only way they legally can do it is if there is with a memo or an order from the DOJ ordering every federal prosecutor to crack down on any state that allows medical use. They can not target individual states or counties and look the other way with others. That is a luxury they don't have. That is why they are scaring landlords into doing there dirty work. They may not be able to seize land in the end but how many landlords are willing to chance it and fight the costly battle. The MMJ community needed to unionize. They needed one powerful well funded front with the ability to lobby politicians. It's all about the ability to lobby, the tobacco, alcohol, pharma industries all spend millions buying political allies. It's dirty and wrong but it is how the game is played. We can talk about change, voting people in or out but ultimately money corrupts. The politicians that get elected are the ones that are the most corrupt.

In reply to augiedogie1
    Square_missing
    Rank6

Well put Mr. Fisherman

Ive always thought, just here in San Diego at the peak there were roughly ~250 shops operating...
    If every one of them kicked in $50/week to a slush fund....thats $50k a MONTH...thats a VOICE

If weedmaps, vendors, med bottle/baggie makers/salespeople, med lab testing facilities, MMj related publications, etcetcetc ALL decided to kick in THEIR $50/week too....icing on the cake
    And thats just in San Diego

In reply to augiedogie1
    Square_missing
    Rank3

Medicated Fisherman wrote:
    The problem is the federal government can not crack down on CA without cracking down on every states medical programs. Four federal prosecutors don't have the authority to do what they are doing. The only way they legally can do it is if there is with a memo or an order from the DOJ ordering every federal prosecutor to crack down on any state that allows medical use.

The US attorneys job is to enforce federal laws. They have the authority to do this. I think their long term goal is exactly that- cracking down on every states program. We are just the biggest player so they are starting with us.

I totally agree with unionizing, the best chances of fighting this are if we are organized. In reply to augiedogie1
    Pages: