Weedmaps Referral Program Terms and Conditions
Last updated May 11, 2020
1. Which Terms Apply To the Referral Program?
Each Referral Campaign may have additional terms and conditions governing eligibility and additional program details (the “Additional Campaign Terms”). In addition, there may be other terms (“Additional Reward Terms”) that apply to any referral incentive offered in connection with a Referral Campaign, which may include entries for promotions or giveaways, cash incentives, access to private events, prizes, or other types of rewards (each, a “Referral Reward”). In the event there is a conflict between these Referral Terms and the Additional Campaign Terms or Additional Rewards Terms, as applicable, the Additional Campaign Terms or Additional Rewards Terms, as applicable, shall control with respect to the applicable Referral Campaign or Referral Reward to the extent of the conflict. Void where restricted or prohibited by law.
2. Acceptance of Terms
By sharing your Referral Code (as defined below) or by otherwise redeeming or using a Referral Code, you are agreeing to be bound by these Referral Terms, the Website Terms, and any applicable Additional Campaign Terms and Additional Reward Terms.
3. Modifications to Terms
Weedmaps may make changes to these Referral Terms from time-to-time without prior notice and in its sole discretion, including by terminating the Referral Program, or electing for Referral Rewards to expire, be subject to a limit, or otherwise be modified at any time and for any reason. See the Website Terms for additional details regarding how any such material changes will be communicated.
4. What Is a Referral Code?
From time-to-time in connection with Referral Campaigns, Weedmaps will provide to certain users of our Websites and the Services (“Users”) a unique individual link or alphanumeric code (each, a “Referral Code”) that such User (the “Referring User”) can provide to a User meeting certain eligibility criteria (the “Referred User”) to redeem in accordance with the terms specified with respect to such Referral Campaign and Referral Reward.
Weedmaps owns all rights in and to any Referral Code. You acknowledge and agree that you have no ownership rights in any form over the Referral Codes and that Weedmaps may reclaim, deactivate, invalidate or terminate your Referral Code at any time at its sole discretion and without prior notice to you. By sharing or using a Referral Code, you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements for a Referring User or Referred User, as applicable, under these Referral Terms and any applicable Additional Campaign Terms or Additional Reward Terms.
5. Eligibility - Referring Users
To be eligible to participate in the Referral Program as a “Referring User”, you must be (a) at least 18 years of age (or older, if required under any applicable Additional Campaign Terms or Additional Reward Terms) and (b) have a Weedmaps account in good standing.
6. Eligibility - Referred Users
To be eligible to participate in the Referral Program as a “Referred User”, you must: (a) be a new User of the particular Weedmaps service (for example, if the Referral Campaign is designed to incentivize account sign-ups, you must not currently have a Weedmaps account), (b) meet the conditions Weedmaps has for using that service (for example, if the Referral Campaign is designed to incentivize first-time orders via WM Orders, you must be eligible to make a cannabis purchase under applicable state law, among other requirements), and (c) complete the actions required by the Additional Campaign Terms (for example, create an account, place an order, or place a specified number of repeat orders with the same dispensary, as specified in the applicable Additional Campaign Terms).
7. Employees Are Not Eligible for Rewards
Employees (and members of their households and immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses)) of Weedmaps, its parent company, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and its advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible for Referral Rewards. For the purposes of these Referral Terms, “employees” shall include all individuals who have entered into an employee, independent contractor and/or consultant agreement with the Weedmaps or any of its affiliates.
8. How To Get a Reward
In order for a Referring User to receive a Referral Reward for a Referred User, the Referred User must use your Referral Code when completing the required campaign actions. Weedmaps reserves the right to supply or withhold a Referral Reward at its sole discretion. Referral Rewards may not be redeemed or exchanged for cash or any alternative form of payment. Referral Rewards are not transferable and may not be auctioned, traded, bartered or sold.
9. How Can I Use My Referral Code?
We appreciate your efforts in getting the word out about Weedmaps. To protect our Users, Weedmaps may limit the number of times you may use or share your Referral Code and your collection of Referral Rewards as specified in the Additional Campaign Terms and Additional Reward Terms. You are responsible for informing the Users you refer of any such limitations. Additionally, in connection with the Referral Program, you agree not to:
- Create multiple accounts. Duplicate accounts will not receive Referral Rewards.
- Make your Referral Code available to the general public, whether through a free posting (e.g., by posting it on RetailMeNot), paid advertisement (e.g., via Facebook Ads), paid keywords (e.g., via Google AdWords), or otherwise. If you promote the Referral Program on any other platforms, you must comply with the applicable platform’s governing terms, and you may only post on your own social media accounts (and not via comments on the accounts and pages of others). Weedmaps reserves the right to invalidate any Referral Rewards that would have otherwise been received due to promotion through these channels.
- Spam, bulk email, or otherwise send unsolicited communications relating to the Referral Program.
- Use automated systems, dialers, bots, or similar mechanism through any channel to distribute, post, or otherwise share your Referral Code.
- Use Weedmaps’ intellectual property, such as our logos, name, trade dress or other promotional materials, except to identify yourself as a Weedmaps User or Referring User, or including by registering any new domain names, products, or otherwise that incorporate “Weedmaps” or any words confusingly similar to our trademarks (including via purchasing keywords containing any such marks).
- Make false or misleading claims or give a misleading impression about Weedmaps, your affiliation with us or any other third party, or the Referral Program. For the avoidance of doubt, you have no authority to assume or create any obligation or warranty, express or implied, on behalf of Weedmaps to represent Weedmaps in any capacity, except as expressly set forth in these Referral Terms (and any applicable Additional Campaign Terms).
- Use your Referral Code in any manner that violates the law (e.g., by providing your Referral Code to minors to induce them to register for an account impermissibly) or anyone else’s rights (e.g., by attempting to defraud us).
10. FTC Compliance
In addition to the general requirement that you are only permitted to use your Referral Code in compliance with applicable law, we are calling your attention to the Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising (“Endorsement Guidelines”) published by the Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”). Since you anticipate receiving a Referral Reward for qualifying referrals, you may be deemed an affiliate endorsing Weedmaps under the Endorsement Guidelines. To protect yourself (and us), anywhere you share your Referral Code, you should include clear, concise disclosures that we are compensating you in connection with eligible referrals. In addition to the Endorsement Guidelines linked above, the FTC’s “.Com Disclosures” has helpful guidance on how to comply with the rules in your online communications.
11. General Terms
Please read all the Additional Campaign Terms and Additional Reward Terms to understand how you can successfully redeem your Referral Reward.
Your eligibility for participation in the Referral Program is expressly conditioned on your adherence to the Website Terms, these Referral Terms, and any Additional Campaign Terms and Additional Reward Terms (collectively, the “Applicable Terms”). If you violate any provisions of the Applicable Terms, in addition to any remedies, rights or actions reserved in the Website Terms, which govern any disputes related to or arising out of the Referral Program, Weedmaps may: (i) remove your eligibility to participate in the Referral Program; (ii) withdraw any Referral Rewards earned in violation or suspected violation of these restrictions; or (iii) take any other remedial action that Weedmaps determines is necessary or appropriate in its sole discretion, including suspension or termination of your Account without prior notice to you.
This Referral Program and related offers to Referring Users and Referred Users are made by Ghost Management Group, LLC, 41 Discovery, Irvine, CA 92618.