NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The Weedmaps $1,000 Sweepstakes (this “Promotion”) is run by Ghost Management Group, LLC (“Weedmaps” or “Sponsor”).
This Promotion is free of charge and is subject to these Official Rules (these “Official Rules”) and to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations in the United States. Open only to legal U.S. residents of California who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry who have a Weedmaps.com account (“Account”).
For general questions arising out of these Official Rules and/or related to this Promotion, please contact email@example.com.
By entering and participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
How to enter.
Code Entry Method of Entry. During the period beginning at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on October 16, 2019, and ending at 11:59 p.m. PT on November 12, 2019 (the “Promotion Period”), visit the Weedmaps website weedmaps.com (the “Website”) and follow the links and instructions to sign up for, or log in to, your Account. Then, click “Order Online” and follow the instructions to place an order for pick-up or delivery in the State of California from a California retailer through the Website's “order online” feature (each, an “Eligible Order”) using the promotion code provided to you by Weedmaps or another person authorized by Weedmaps in connection with the Promotion (the “Entry Code”) at check out. Once you have placed an Eligible Order and entered the Entry Code during check out for such order, your name will automatically be entered into a random drawing for the Grand Prize (as defined below) from among all eligible entries received. Incorrect and incomplete entries are void.
Free Method of Entry. During the Promotion Period, to enter without placing an Eligible Order or using an Entry Code, you may also enter this Promotion by mailing a standard-size postcard with your name, email address, phone number, city and state to: Weedmaps $1,000 Sweepstakes – Free Entry, c/o Ghost Management Group, LLC, P.O. Box 61267, Irvine, CA 92602. Postcard entries must be postmarked and received during the Promotion Period to be included in the random drawing for the Grand Prize. Limit: 1 request per envelope.
These Official Rules are also available on the Website.
Limit one entry per eligible person per day during the Promotion Period. If more than the permitted number of entries are received, only the first entry will be accepted and additional entries will be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by you to obtain more than the permitted number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods may void your entry and you may be disqualified from this Promotion. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all entries by you. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
1. Eligibility. This Promotion is open to legal residents of the United States residing in California who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry and who have an Account. Void where prohibited. Employees (and members of their households and immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses)) of the Promotion Entities (as defined below) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their advertising and promotion agencies and all local sponsors are not eligible. Do not enter this Promotion if you do not meet all of the above qualifications. For the purposes of this Promotion, “employees” shall include all individuals who have entered into an employee, independent contractor and/or consultant agreement with the Sponsor or any of its affiliates.
2. Privacy. In connection with this Promotion entry process, Sponsor will be collecting personal data
Policy located at: http://www.weedmaps.com/privacy. By participating in the Promotion, you hereby
agree to Sponsor's collection and usage of your personal information and acknowledge that you have
be asked to consent to receive promotional emails and reminders for upcoming promotions and
information about Sponsor. Consenting to receive such emails is optional and does not have to be
agreed to in order to be eligible to enter the Promotion and does not improve your chances of
Except where prohibited by law, the winner's entry and acceptance of the Grand Prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use said winner's name, photographs, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state addresses on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media now known or hereinafter known, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
1. Conditions of Entry. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in the judge's or Sponsor's opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of this Promotion, or if computer virus, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of this Promotion, the judges and Sponsor reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend this Promotion, or to terminate this Promotion and conduct a random drawing to award the Grand Prize using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. Should this Promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Website. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES) FROM YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
1. Selection of Winner.
Grand Prize Winner – One (1) Grand Prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will be selected in a random drawing (the “Grand Prize Drawing”) from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period on approximately November 26, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. PT (the “Selection Time”) under the supervision of one or of the Sponsor's designated representatives.
The decisions of Sponsor and any judges with respect to the winner and other matters pertaining to this Promotion shall be final and binding.
Odds of Winning – The odds of winning the Grand Prize Drawing depend upon the number of eligible
entries received for such Grand Prize Drawing, as applicable.
2. Grand Prize.
The Grand Prize Winner shall receive the following (the “Grand Prize”): a $1,000 check. Actual Retail Value (“ARV”): $1,000.
No cash alternatives will be provided and the Grand Prize is non-transferable and non-refundable. Total ARV: $1,000.
The specifics of all aforementioned elements of the Grand Prize in this Promotion shall be solely determined by Sponsor. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE GRAND PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of any Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. All federal, state and local taxes on Grand Prizes are the Grand Prize winner's responsibility. Grand Prize Winner will be issued a 1099 tax
form for the actual value of the Grand Prize.
Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize for one of equal or greater value. Some
restrictions may apply.
2. Winner Notifications. The Grand Prize Winner will be notified via telephone, mail or email, that he/she, subject to verification, is a winner of the Grand Prize Drawing. If a Grand Prize Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days from Sponsor's first attempt or is found to be ineligible, an alternate winner may be selected. If any Grand Prize or Grand Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the applicable Grand Prize Winner may be disqualified, and an alternative winner may be selected. Winners may be required to sign, have notarized and return an Affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) within five (5) business days of receipt of such document(s) and to fulfill any such other requirements as determined by Weedmaps in order to claim his/her prize. If the potential winner fails to provide such Affidavit or release or fulfill such other requirements within the required timeframe, he/she may be disqualified and forfeit the prize. In the event that the potential winner cannot be contacted, forfeits the prize, or is disqualified for any reason, Weedmaps will select an alternate potential winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. All Prize claims and winner materials will be verified by Sponsor or any of its independent judges.
3. Conduct. By entering this Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and any applicable judges (which shall be final and binding in all respects). These Official Rules are accessible from the Website throughout the Promotion Period. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual suspected of (i) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or the Website; (ii) to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; or (iii) to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
4. Limitations of Liability. Sponsor, those working on its behalf, and all other businesses involved in this Promotion (collectively with Sponsor, the “Promotion Entities”), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent, advertising and promotion agencies, and the foregoing persons' officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) are not responsible for: (i) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; (ii) printing or human or other errors; (iii) technical malfunctions; (iv) failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; (v) inability to access the Website; (vi) theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; (vii) transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; and (viii) any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, or any combination thereof.
If this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, because of any infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or other cause beyond Sponsor's control which corrupts or threatens to corrupt or adversely affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend and/or modify this Promotion and Sponsor may, in its sole and absolute discretion, perform the random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to such cancellation,
suspension or modification of the Promotion.
Online or mail submission are not considered proof of delivery or receipt. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. All entrants, as condition of entering this Promotion, agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Promotion Entities and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, their respective representatives and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, promotion partners and prize suppliers, and all of the foregoing persons' affiliated companies, employees, officers, directors, managers, members and shareholders, from and against all claims and damages or liability arising in connection with or otherwise relating to (i) such entrant's participation and/or entry in this Promotion and/or his/her receipt or use of any Grand Prize awarded in this Promotion, (ii) any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any Grand Prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity or participation in this Promotion, or (iii) Sponsor's use of your entry, name or likeness. All entrants further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States or Canada that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
Any and all warranties and guarantees are subject to the applicable manufacturer's terms. If by reason of a printing, computer, technological or other error, more Grand Prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of Grand Prizes available in the Grand Prize category in question. No more than the advertised number of Grand Prizes will be awarded.
5. Winners' List. To request a list of winners: (a) send a stamped self-addressed envelope to: The Weedmaps $1,000 Sweepstakes Winner's List, c/o Ghost Management Group, LLC, P.O. Box 61267, Irvine, CA 92602, or (b) email firstname.lastname@example.org with The Weedmaps $1,000 Sweepstakes Winner's List in the subject line.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries
received during the Promotion Period.
7. Governing Law/Dispute Resolution. This Promotion shall be governed and interpreted by the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions that may require the application of the laws of another jurisdiction. Any action or litigation concerning this Promotion shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in Orange County, California and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and you waive all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. You agree to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of California. BY ENTERING THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANT AGREES THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW: (i) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS PROMOTION, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (ii) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ($250.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (iii) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ($250.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (iv) ENTRANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF.
1. Sponsor. Ghost Management Group, LLC, P.O. Box 61267, Irvine, CA 92602.
Sponsors reserves the right to modify these Official Rules in any way and at any time, as long as
Sponsor gives reasonable notice.
This Promotion may be advertised on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, but is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.