A firecracker is a cannabis edible you can make with minimal ingredients in only 30 minutes. This simple, tasty recipe can be crafted in a pinch if you want to make your own edibles without too much hassle. Firecrackers allow any DIY edible enthusiast to control how much cannabis goes into each iteration of the recipe and customize to personal potency preference. Read on to learn how to make this legendary staple in the edibles community.
Assemble your ingredients:
- High-quality flower. You want to aim for a 10-milligram dose of THC per serving, so it takes a little math to get it right. One (1) gram of flower that's 20% THC has 200 milligrams of THC, which means you'd get 20 servings per gram.
- Peanut butter, or other nut butter with high amounts of fat. Nutella is another popular choice.
- Graham crackers. These can be plain or flavored per preference, though Nabisco or HoneyMaid brand work best due to their higher fat levels.
Decarboxylate your flower to activate the THC and other cannabinoids.
- Set your oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit (120 degrees Celsius)
- While you're waiting, break apart your nugs by hand or use a coarse grinder.
- When the oven is ready, place your flower on a tray and pop them in.
- Set a timer for 15 minutes — be careful not to overheat and burn your bud!
- Remove your flower from the oven and set aside.
Turn up the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius).
Grab your graham crackers and spread a thick layer of peanut butter on one side of each graham cracker. The fat in the nut butter is what absorbs the THC from the flower, so the more the better.
Evenly sprinkle your decarbed weed on the peanut butter side of the crackers. Use a toothpick or other knife to fold the flower into the peanut butter. Mix it in as thoroughly as possible. If you choose, place another graham cracker on top of the peanut-butter-covered one to make a sandwich.
Pop your firecracker in the oven. While many simply place their firecrackers on a tray, online sources recommend wrapping them in aluminum foil first to lock in all the THC goodness.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
Unwrap the foil and enjoy your firecracker creations. Remember, edibles take about 30 minutes before effects begin, so go slow. You can always have another later.