Dr. Dabber is a Las Vegas-based company that produces electronic dab rigs and accessories. In fact, according to its website, Dr. Dabber is the company responsible for coining the term “e-rig." The brand has always been famous for its Dr. Dabber Switch device, which is a handheld/portable e-rig.
In the fall of 2020, Dr. Dabber blessed the weed game with a new toy: the Dr. Dabber Boost EVO. Now, it's double blessed the game with the TDE Ball Rig and J-Perc attachments.
What are the Dr. Dabber Boost EVO Ball Rig and J-Perc attachments?
TDE stands for "Traditional Dabbing Experience". Normally, you would load your dabs into the Boost EVO and then heat it up for consumption. That is called a cold-load, or cold-start dab. The TDE attachments enable you to hot-load your dabs. That means you will heat up your Dr. Dabber Boost EVO and then add your concentrates. This is the way most dab enthusiasts with a glass rig at the crib consume.
The Dr. Dabber Boost EVO TDE Ball Rig and the TDE J-Perc glass attachments bridge that gap for a more inclusive offering. They cost $119.95 and $99.95, respectively.
- Ball Rig glass attachment
- Carb cap
- Conversion kit QC seal
How do they work?
The Ball Rig and J-Perc work in pretty similar manners. You fill them with a little bit of water, the smoke comes from the EVO chamber, through the glass, over the water and percolator(s), and into your mouth.
By filtering the vapor through these systems, you're able to get fuller, smoother, and more flavorful hits — it really maximizes your dabs.
Setting up your Ball Rig and J-Perc attachments
Setting up the TDE attachments is pretty much the same process as the regular glass that came with your Boost EVO:
- Open the box and clean your TDE glass piece. Rinse out your piece with some water before use. You just never know how long that product has been sitting around, and you don't want to be inhaling dirt and dust with your dabs.
- Add the rubber top and base to your attachment. You can use either the black or white seals that come in your box.
- Attach the TDE attachment to the Boost EVO base — you've done this with the regular glass that came with your EVO. It's the same process.
- Heat up your device — you already know this process too: The Boost EVO has six temperature settings and a range between 500 and 700°F. The temp starts at 500° and each setting above is 50° higher than the last. Click the button three times to pick your temperature, 550 - 600°F is a sweet spot to be in, but remember that each type of oil will have a different temperature that optimizes the experience.
- Load and inhale your dabs.
How to clean the attachments
To clean your TDE attachments, you'll use a good ol' fashioned cleaning solution like any other. That can be alcohol and salt or some Formula 420/710, but it's pretty simple:
- Detach your piece from the Dr. Dabber Boost EVO base
- Pour out the water inside of it
- Fill the TDE Ball Rig and J Perc with your cleaning solution
- Plug the holes and wash the device
- Pour out the cleaning solution
- Run water through the TDE attachment
- Sit and let dry before taking your next dab
What's the appeal?
The best way to dab is completely up to you. Many people prefer the old-fashioned way of hot-dabbing with torches and thick glass rigs over electronic devices and cold starts. The appeal of purchasing the Dr. Dabber Boost EVO Ball Rig and J-Perc attachments are that they give you that old school experience with a new school feel.
The attachments give you the best of both worlds by taking an e-rig and accomplishing the goal of bigger, more flavorful hits, smoother smoke, and the ability to really stretch the hits in your dabs. Plus, both items are pretty fairly priced, so you won't have to break the bank to truly maximize your Dr. Dabber Boost EVO's potential.
Find the Dr. Dabber Boost EVO TDE Ball Rig and J-Perc attachments on drdabber.com