With coronavirus continuing to affect businesses around the world, the ability to still buy cannabis has been a welcome relief. And in Massachusetts, the Mass Cannabis Control Commission released guidelines allowing adult-use dispensaries to reopen on May 25 via curbside pickup as part of Gov. Charlie Baker's phased re-opening of the state economy.
Since the new guidelines are now in effect, find out the best way to order Massachusetts weed online and receive your goods by the curb.
Who's open for curbside pickup?
With our maps filters for curbside pickup, you can explore which dispensaries are open for business. Check out our easy step-by-step guide to getting your favorite weed:
- Click on “Massachusetts” in the maps tool.
- Click on your region of choice. Are you lighting up in Boston? What about Holyoke?
- Narrow down your search by using the filters “Order online,” “Open now,” and “Curbside pickup.” Here is an example with "Open Now" and "Curbside pickup."
- Start your online order and checkout when satisfied. You will get either a call or text confirming your order, then an additional call or text letting you know that your order is ready for pickup.
- When your order is ready, head to the dispensary and park in any of the designated pickup parking spots.
- A budtender will come out to your car to verify your order, check your ID, take your cash, and bring out your purchase. All set!
Extra tips for picking up your stash safely
What's the best etiquette when picking up your stoney goods? Since the coronavirus is still at large, you should be practicing safe social distancing measures — even when behind the wheel. This includes wearing a mask and gloves when receiving your order (you can put these on once you park) and possibly keeping hand sanitizer in the glove compartment for when the transaction is over.
Also, keep in mind that dispensaries will be extra busy during this time, especially the first couple of weeks following re-opening. If no designated parking spots are available, follow the direction of parking lot attendants or budtenders.