NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
From time to time Ghost Management Group, LLC and/or its affiliates (“Weedmaps” or “Sponsor”) may conduct contests, sweepstakes and/or other promotions (the, “Promotions”) via social media/networking platforms, including, but not limited to, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat or Twitter (each, a “Social Media Platform”) or via a web or mobile application entry or other method of entry. Unless governed by a different set of rules, in whole or in part, these terms and conditions shall serve as the official Rules (these “Official Rules”) for any Promotion conducted by Sponsor. These Official Rules may be updated from time to time as deemed necessary by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Some Promotions will have specific rules developed for them (“Specific Promotion Rules”). In the event there is a conflict or inconsistency between these Official Rules and the applicable Specific Promotion Rules, the Specific Promotion Rules shall control.
Each individual Promotion will be announced and promoted via a Social Media Platform, or by email or other calls-to-action, or by any other means as determined by Sponsor (each, a “Promotion Posting”). A Promotion Posting, together with these Official Rules and the applicable Specific Promotion Rules (if any), will include how to enter, the entry deadline, method of determining the winner (for a contest), the prize(s)/value(s) and the eligibility requirements. All information contained in a Promotion Posting and the Specific Promotion Rules are incorporated herein by reference.
Each Promotion is free of charge and is subject to these Official Rules, any applicable Specific Promotion Rules, and all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations in the United States and Canada. Unless otherwise stated in the Promotion Posting and the applicable Specific Promotion Rules (if any), each Promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents and legal Canadian residents (excluding residents of Quebec) who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry.
For general questions arising out of these Official Rules and/or related to any Promotion, please contact email@example.com.
By entering and participating in any Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules, any applicable Specific Promotion Rules and the terms set in the applicable Promotion Posting, and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
- How to enter. To enter any Promotion, follow the directions provided in the Promotion Posting and any applicable Specific Promotion Rules. Entrants must take the actions required and/or must include the information requested by Sponsor in order to be eligible. All entries must be received by the date and time stated in the Promotion Posting and any applicable Specific Promotion Rules to be eligible. Unless otherwise specified in the Promotion Posting or any applicable Specific Promotion Rules, there is a limit of one (1) entry per person/Social Media Platform account/email address per Promotion. If more than the permitted number of entries are received, only the first entry will be accepted and additional entries will be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same Social Media Platform account or email address. Any attempt by you to obtain more than the permitted number of entries by using multiple/different Social Media Platform accounts, email addresses, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods may void your entry and you may be disqualified from the Promotion. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all entries by you. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holders.
If entry takes place on any Social Media Platform other than Facebook, your account must be set to “public” and you must follow the applicable Weedmaps Social Media Platform account to be eligible. You can return your account to “private” and unfollow that Weedmaps Social Media Platform account any time after the winner announcement for that Promotion. All entries submitted via any Social Media Platform must follow the community guidelines set forth by the applicable Social Media Platform.
Prohibited Content: By submitting an entry, the entrant agrees that the entry complies with these Official Rules, any applicable Specific Promotion Rules and the terms in any Promotion Posting, and does not contain a virus. In addition, entrant warrants and represents that he/she and any persons appearing or who are identifiable in the entry consent to the submission and use of the entry in the applicable Promotion and its use as otherwise set forth herein. As applicable, entries may not contain, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, any content that:
- contains music (unless specifically provided in the Promotion Posting);
- is pornographic, sexually explicit or suggestive, or contains profanity or nudity;
- is unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, sexual orientation, professional or age group;
- promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
- is obscene or offensive, or endorses any form of hate or hate group or harassment;
- defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or entities;
- contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission, to the extent permission is necessary;
- contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses;
- contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including without limitation, music, videos, photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission, to the extent permission is necessary (and if such permission is necessary, entrant must obtain permission from the appropriate third party to use such material(s) for the purpose(s) set forth in the Promotion Posting, these Official Rules and any applicable Specific Promotion Rules) and Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any entrant at any time. Failure by an entrant to provide such proof, if requested, may render such entrant’s entry null and void;
- contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission, to the extent permission is necessary (and if permission is necessary entrant must obtain permission from such third party to use such material(s) for the purpose(s) set forth in the Promotion Posting, these Official Rules and any applicable Specific Promotion Rules) and Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any entrant at any time. Failure by an entrant to provide such proof, if requested, may render such entrant’s entry null and void;
- contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
- communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will with which Sponsor wishes to associate;
- appears to duplicate any other submitted entries; and/or
- violates any law.
Sponsor may disqualify any entry for any reason, including if it determines that the entry fails to confirm to these Official Rules or any applicable Specific Promotion Rules or the terms of any Promotion Posting in any way or otherwise contains unacceptable content. Sponsor is under no obligation to disclose why an entry has been disqualified.
- Eligibility. Unless otherwise stated in the Promotion Posting or any applicable Specific Promotion Rules, each Promotion is open to legal residents of the United States residing in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and to legal residents of Canada who are residing in Canada (but excluding residents of Quebec) who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void in Quebec, Canada and where prohibited. Employees and members of their households and immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses) of the Promotion Entities (as defined below) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their advertising and promotion agencies and all local sponsors are not eligible. Do not enter any Promotion if you do not meet all of the above qualifications. For the purposes of the Promotions, “employees” shall include all individuals who have entered into an employee, independent contractor and/or consultant agreement with the Sponsor or any of its affiliates.
Except in Tennessee, and where prohibited by law, the winner’s entry and acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its affiliates to use the winner’s name, Social Media Platform account name, photographs (including, but not limited do, Social Media Platform account profile photo and other photos or content appearing therein), likenesses, statements, biographical information, voices, and city and state addresses on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media now known or hereinafter known (including, but not limited to, on Sponsor’s or its affiliates’ websites and via Sponsor’s or its affiliates’ Social Media Platform accounts), in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification or consent.
- Conditions of Entry. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in the judge’s or Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of any Promotion, or if computer virus, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of any Promotion, the judges and Sponsor reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Promotion, or to terminate the Promotion and conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. Should any Promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the applicable Social Media Platform and/or on Sponsor’s website. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- Ownership/Use of Entries. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to grant to Sponsor and its affiliates and their respective successors, assigns, designees and licensees a perpetual, irrevocable, assignable, royalty free, fully paid-up license and right to exploit, edit, modify, post, disseminate, create derivative works of, distribute and otherwise use the entry and all elements of such entry, including, without limitation, the names and likenesses of any persons or locations embodied therein, as well as entrant’s name, Social Media Platform account name, city and state of residence, photos or other likeness (including, without limitation, Social Media Platform account profile photo and other photos or content appearing therein), in any manner, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised (including, without limitation, via Sponsor’s or its affiliates’ Social Media Platform accounts or on Sponsor’s or its affiliates’ websites), worldwide, without compensation or notification to, or permission from, entrant or any third party.
- Selection of Winners/Prize. Sponsor’s clock will be the official time keeper for all Promotions. Entries from one Promotion will not be included in other Promotions. Unless otherwise specified in a Promotion Posting any applicable Specific Promotion Rules, winner(s) (each, a “Prize Winner”) will be selected on or about seven (7) days following the end of the applicable Promotion.
- For Sweepstakes: The Prize Winner will be chosen in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the applicable Promotion period (each, a “Prize Drawing”) by or under the supervision of one or more of the Sponsor’s designated representatives. The odds of winning any Prize Drawing depends upon the number of eligible entries received for such Prize Drawing.
- For Contests: A panel of one (1) or more qualified judges designated by Sponsor will judge each entry based on the originality, creativity, and relevance to the theme of the Promotion, unless other judging criteria are stated in the Promotion Posting or any applicable Specific Promotion Rules. The entrant(s) who submitted the entry(ies) with the highest score(s) will be deemed the potential Prize Winner(s) for the contest at issue. In the event of a tie, an additional, “tie-breaking” judge will determine the potential Prize Winner(s) based on the same criteria used by the original judge or panel of judges, unless otherwise set forth in a Promotion Posting or any applicable Specific Promotion Rules. Sponsor reserves the right not to award any or all prizes in any contest if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries for that contest. Judging scores will not be revealed.
The decisions of Sponsor and any judges with respect to the Prize Winners and other matters pertaining to any Promotion, including the interpretation of these Official Rules or any Specific Promotion Rules or the terms in any Promotion Posting, shall be final and binding.
The number and approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prizes awarded in any Promotion will vary and will be set forth in the Promotion Posting or any applicable Specific Promotion Rules. No cash alternatives will be provided and Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
The specifics of all aforementioned elements of the Prize in each Promotion shall be solely determined by Sponsor. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of the Prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the respective Prize Winner. All federal, state and local taxes on the Prize are the Prize Winner’s sole responsibility. For any Prize with a value of over six hundred dollars ($600), the applicable Prize Winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the actual value of the Prize.
- Winner Notifications. The Prize Winner will be notified via telephone, mail, email or via the applicable Social Media Platform (e.g., direct message or comment), that he/she, subject to verification, is a winner of the applicable Prize Drawing. If a Prize Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during one (1) business day from Sponsor’s first attempt or is found to be ineligible, an alternate winner may be selected. If any Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the applicable Prize Winner may be disqualified, and an alternative winner may be selected. Winners may be required to sign, have notarized and return an Affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (if a U.S. resident) or a Declaration of Compliance (if a Canadian resident) within one (1) business day of receipt of such document(s) or Prize may be forfeited. If a potential Prize Winner is a Canadian resident, that potential winner will be required to correctly answer a time-limited skill testing question before being declared an actual winner. All Prize claims and winner materials will be verified by Sponsor or any of its independent judges.
- Conduct. By entering any Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and any applicable judges (which shall be final and binding in all respects). Failure to comply with these Official Rules, any applicable Specific Promotion Rules and the terms in any Promotion Posting may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual suspected of (i) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or the Website; (ii) to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules, any applicable Specific Promotion Rules or the terms in any Promotion Posting; or (iii) to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- Limitations of Liability. Sponsor, those working on its behalf, the applicable Social Media Platforms and all other businesses involved in the Promotion (including any Prize vendor/provider) (collectively with Sponsor, the “Promotion Entities”), and all of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent, advertising and promotion agencies, and the foregoing persons’ officers, directors, shareholders, members, owners, employees and agents, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) are not responsible for: (i) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; (ii) printing or human or other errors; (iii) technical malfunctions; (iv) failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in the Promotions; (v) inability to access Sponsor’s or its affiliates’ websites; (vi) theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; (vii) transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; and (viii) any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, or any combination thereof.
Winners of a Prize will not receive the difference between actual retail value and ARV for such Prize. Prizes may not be substituted, transferred, assigned or redeemed for cash except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a Prize (or a component thereof) for one of equal or greater value. Prizes include only what is specified in the prize description in the applicable Promotion Posting or any applicable Specific Promotion Rules. Prize Winners of concert/event tickets must be available to attend such concert/event on the date specified or another winner may be selected by Sponsor. Concert/event tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified thereon. Unless otherwise stated in the Promotion Posting or in any applicable Specific Promotion Rules, travel, accommodation or any other costs associated with Prize acceptance and use are not included as part of the Prize and are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. If any concert of event is cancelled or postponed or any Prize or Prize component cannot be provided by Sponsor for any reason, no compensation or substitution will be provided; however, if applicable, the remainder of the Prize will be awarded. All Prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
If any Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, because of any infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control which corrupts or threatens to corrupt or adversely affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend and/or modify the applicable Promotion and Sponsor may, in its sole and absolute discretion, select winner(s) for prize(s) from among all eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, suspension or modification of the Promotion based on the applicable winner selection methods described in Section 6 of these Official Rules or in any applicable Specific Promotion Rules or in the terms of the applicable Promotion Posting, or as otherwise deemed appropriate by Sponsor.
Online entries are not considered proof of delivery or receipt. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. All entrants, as condition of entering any Promotion, agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the applicable Promotion Entities and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, their respective representatives and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, promotion partners and prize suppliers, and all of the foregoing persons’ affiliated companies, employees, officers, directors, managers, members, owners and shareholders, from and against all claims and damages or liability arising in connection with or otherwise relating to (i) such entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Promotion and/or his/her receipt or use of any Prize awarded in the Promotion, (ii) any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any Prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity or participation in the Promotion, or (iii) Sponsor’s use of your entry, name or likeness. All entrants further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States or Canada that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
Any and all warranties and guarantees are subject to the applicable manufacturer’s terms. If by reason of a printing, computer, technological or other error, more Prizes are claimed than the number set forth in the Promotion Posting, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of Prizes available in the Prize category in question. No more than the advertised number of Prizes will be awarded.
- Winners’ List. To request a list of winners: (a) send a stamped self-addressed envelope to: Weedmaps’ Promotions Winner’s List, c/o Ghost Management Group, LLC, P.O. Box 61267, Irvine, CA 92602, being sure to include the title of the applicable Promotion with your request, or (b) email firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the applicable Promotion in the subject line.
- Governing Law/Dispute Resolution. The Promotion shall be governed and interpreted by the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions that may require the application of the laws of another jurisdiction. Any action or litigation concerning any Promotion shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in Orange County, California and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and you waive all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. You agree to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of California. BY ENTERING ANY PROMOTION, ENTRANT AGREES THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW: (i) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (ii) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ($250.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (iii) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ($250.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (iv) ENTRANT’S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF.
- Sponsor. Ghost Management Group, LLC, P.O. Box 61267, Irvine, CA 92602.
Sponsors reserves the right to modify these Official Rules, any applicable Specific Promotion Rules or the terms in any Promotion Posting in any way and at any time, as long as Sponsor gives reasonable notice.
A Promotion may be advertised on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and/or Twitter, but is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat or Twitter.