A Step-by-Step Guide to Using Weedmaps
The wide world of cannabis is extremely vast — and it’s only growing.
More states are legalizing and allowing retailers and delivery services. New brands and products are created seemingly by the minute. There are more deals than you can keep track of and they are gone in a blink of an eye.
Don’t fret. Weedmaps can help you with all of it.
For nearly a decade, Weedmaps has been the go-to online resource for millions of users to find nearby retailers and doctors, incredible deals, the top brands, and much more.
This step-by-step guide walks you through the ins and outs of Weedmaps.com in plain language. You might feel as though you’re reading an instructional manual, and it’s because you are reading an instruction manual! What this guide might lack in frills, it makes up for in easy-to-understand instructions. You’ll thank us when you’re finding the hottest deals and most popular brands.
Let’s get started.
The Weedmaps Basics
Weedmaps gives you the information and tools to find cannabis brands, delivery services, dispensary storefronts, deals and medical marijuana doctors wherever you are.
On the website’s homepage, or the app’s home screen, verify your location on the topmost bar. (You may be asked to give Weedmaps permission to share your location.) If you want to search in a different area, simply enter the city and state name, then click or tap the location you want.
Once you’ve verified your location, the homepage shows you everything in your area. You can quickly see the business information summarized on “cards.”
Each card shows you:
- The name of the business
- Its city and state location (where applicable)
- Its star rating, based on customer reviews
- The distance from your current location (where applicable)
Understanding the Dispensary Storefronts, Delivery Services and Doctors Pages
You’ll find the following information on dispensary storefront and delivery service pages:
- Basic information about the dispensary or delivery (logo, name, star rating, store hours, recreational or medical, about us)
- Quick reference to whether the business is Open Now or Closed
- Quick way to get Google Maps directions to storefronts
- Order Online button available at participating, licensed retailers, allowing you to easily order your favorite products with a few taps and securely store your information for fast checkout
- A follow button to track your favorite dispensary or deliveries in your Weedmaps profile.
- Additional business information about the dispensary or delivery (menu of products, announcements, deals offered, user reviews, and photos and videos they’ve posted)
- A notification about verified products on Weedmaps — looking for the WM Verified Seal on dispensary and delivery menus gives you the peace of mind that you are only browsing products from brand authorized retailers
- A search field where you can enter in part of a word or a full phrase to quickly find a product on the menu
- A way for you to sort the menu by:
- Featured (default setting)
- Most popular (sorted by number of favorites)
- Recently added
- Name: A – Z
- Name: Z – A
- A way for you to filter the menu by:
- Product category (Flower, Wax, Concentrate, Edible, Drink, Tincture, Topicals, Gear, Preroll)
- Cannabis brands the business carries
- Price range
- Weight (available for Flower, Wax, and Concentrate product categories)
- Verified products
- Information about each product listed on their menu
- Cannabinoid concentration or terpene profile for the product, if it has been lab-tested
- The price information by quantity or weight
You’ll find the following information on doctors pages:
- Basic information about the doctor’s office (name, star rating, location, hours)
- Quick way to get Google Maps directions to the doctor’s office
- All detailed information about the business (phone number, email, website, social media, amenities, hours, address, and directions)
- Additional business information about the doctor (announcements, deals offered, user reviews, photos and videos they’ve posted, and disclaimer)
- A follow button to track your favorite doctor’s office in your Weedmaps profile
With the Maps view, you’ll see a local map of your area as well as markers, or pins, to show where deliveries, dispensaries, and doctors are located. Storefronts, commonly called dispensaries, are indicated with a “cannabis leaf” icon. Delivery services are indicated with a “vehicle” icon. Doctors are indicated with a “stethoscope” icon.
You can zoom in and zoom out using the “+” and “-” buttons on the upper right-hand corner of the map. On your mobile device, simply expand and contract your fingers on the screen to zoom in or zoom out.
You can adjust the map to show only the things you want to see using filters. For example, if you wanted to only see delivery services in your area, you can set your preferences using the “toggle” under “Business Type.”
You can set your search preferences on the map using combinations of the different filters listed below.
Storefronts — Turn on the toggle to see dispensary storefronts in your area.
Deliveries — Turn on the toggle to see delivery services in your area.
Doctors — Turn on the toggle to see medical marijuana doctors in your area.
Accessible — Check the box to see businesses that are wheelchair accessible.
Credit Cards — Check the box to see businesses that accept credit cards.
Photos — Check the box to see businesses that have photos of cannabis products or their establishment.
Videos — Check the box to see businesses that have videos of cannabis products or their establishment.
Security — Check the box to see businesses that have on-site security.
Lab Tested — Check the box to see businesses whose products have been tested in a laboratory for their terpene profile or cannabinoid potency.
ATM — Check the box to see businesses that have an on-site ATM.
Verified Seller — Check the box to see businesses that have authentic products from your favorite brands.
None — Click or tap this option to see business that don’t have an age restriction.
18 — Click or tap this option to see businesses that serve patients and patrons aged 18 years and older.
19 — Click or tap this option to see businesses that serve patients and patrons aged 19 years and older.
21 — Click or tap this option to see businesses that serve patients and patrons aged 21 years and older.
Click or tap this button to see businesses that are currently open.
Click or tap the Medical button to see businesses that serve patients with medical marijuana cards or recommendations. Click or tap the Recreational button to see businesses that serve customers, regardless of whether they have a medical marijuana card or doctor’s recommendation.
You’ll find thousands of cannabis brands on Weedmaps. If you’re looking for a particular brand you already love, click the All Brands filter on the topmost bar or search for it by name in the search bar. If you want to discover new brands, use the other filters to search by product type (flower, concentrate, vape pens, edibles, medical).
You’ll find the following information on brands pages:
- Basic information about the brand (name, star rating, number of reviews)
- A list of the products cultivated, manufactured, processed or sold by the brand
- Reviews written by individuals who’ve used the brand’s products
- Videos posted by the brand
- Information about the brand (background, history, its products, lab testing and so forth)
- A navigation aid to show you where you are on Weedmaps
- Information about each of the brand’s products
- How many locations in your area carry the brand’s products
- A View All button to see all the brand’s products for that category
- A Follow button to track the brands you love in your Weedmaps account
You can search for a specific brand using the Brands Directory, which lists cannabis brands in numeric, then alphabetical, order by name.
You can use All Categories filter to see brands listed by the type of products they have. For example, if you want to only browse brands that have concentrates and edibles, check the Concentrates and Edibles boxes.
You can sort your results to show the brands with the highest review scores, the most products and more.
Find deals, perks and discounts from dispensary storefronts and delivery services in your area on the Deals page. See deals for your favorite products by using the topmost filter bar (Indica, Sativa, Hybrid, Wax, and so forth).
Once you’ve found a deal you want, claim it by clicking or tapping the Claim Deal button.
You can print the deal or have it emailed to you; just be sure to show your budtender the printout or the email from your phone.
Never miss a deal by signing up for the Weedmaps Daily Deals email. Each day you’ll receive an email notifying you of local deals. Simply enter and select the regions you’re interested in, enter your email address, and click the Sign Up Now button.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Weedmaps cost money to use?
The Weedmaps website and the Weedmaps mobile app are free to use.
Do I need to create an account to use Weedmaps?
You don’t need to create an account to use Weedmaps, but there are a number of great benefits to signing up for a Weedmaps account.
What are the benefits of signing up for a Weedmaps account?
With your Weedmaps account, you can:
- Keep track of your favorite cannabis brands, products, dispensary storefronts, delivery services and doctors.
- Post reviews of cannabis products you’ve tried, dispensary storefronts you’ve visited and delivery services you’ve used.
- Share and connect with other Weedmaps users about cannabis products you’re enjoying.