Map Filter:

Tips?

posted by ILstateofmind at about 1 year ago

Square_missing
    Rank1

Last night I placed my first delivery order and after I checked everything out and paid the man, I got the sense that he was lingering around, trying to present an opportunity for me to tip him. Not thinking about this at the time, I just sent him on his way.

There was no delivery charge so now i feel kinda salty for not giving him something, so is it customary for patients to tip on deliveries?

Square_missing
    Rank3

Its been a long time since I have gotten medicine delivered but I always offer my driver a cold beverage at the minimum, if you know the guy and he is cool maybe you could offer to smoke a bowl with him next time. Depends how far they came, etc. Put out good vibes in life and they always come back to you sooner or later, that is for sure. ;)

In reply to ILstateofmind
    Square_missing
    Rank

Good Question, looking forward to more answers. <!-- s8) --><!-- s8) -->

Square_missing
    Rank

Too be honest, we once asked our delivery dude, who came to know how often he got tipped. He said about 50/50, and it was gray-area accepting them.

But kick em a soda, most of em are completely sober on their routes he said. And I kick in at least a buck if not five when we order out.

Square_1f23a32e41cf8c8571818f97
    Rank6

i've never had anything delivered to my door other than pizza,
    i love pizza and it's always common curitisy to tip your delivery boy/girl..
    well i love my medicine more, so doesn't it make sense to tip them too. <!-- s:?: --><!-- s:?: -->

Square_1f23a32e41cf8c8571818f97
    Rank6

hahaha i truly don't expect people to tip when i help them out at my club,
    but i'm not driving out of my way to deliver to them either <!-- s:) --><!-- s:) -->

Square_missing
    Rank

The rule with pizza delivery has always been if there is a delivery charge, then you don't tip. And vice/versa. It also depends on whether or not the driver is burning their own gasoline or not...

Square_6f13ec5f4a5b4871b6520f7b
    Rank2

i dont normally tip unless its someone i know and are cool with, most of the time delivery places charge more on the 1/8 to cover the cost of gas

i always wondered too
    do u invite the delivery guy into your house or is it like the pizza guy and u just deal with him/her right outside your door