Map Filter:

Tokyo OG

posted by spintool at about 1 year ago

Square_missing
    Rank2

I was flippin through the new Nug Mag today and toward the back theres a two page spread on the fire strain of the month called Tokyo OG. I guess its an ad. I've never tasted or even seen Tokyo before, anyone else had it? The collective mentioned in the review is kinda far from me, but that nug looks so damn good, is it worth the drive?

Square_9b7277f361baaafbaac9f0db
    Rank6

Square_486fcbcc9151d3a8f0cad466
    Rank6

I tried it once a couple months back... it was nothing special really. Looks incredible, and taste is super earthy (if you like that sort of thing), but the high was so-so... average for an OG.

Also, I got the Tokyo OG from "The Green Lantern", who's known for high quality buds (and even higher prices), so I believe I tried a good version of it. It's just that other than the looks and name, there's not much remarkable about the strain imo.

In reply to spintool
    Square_missing
    Rank2

Well this one that was reviewed was from San Diego Green Care not the Green Lantern. Anyone had theirs?

In reply to spintool
    Square_454b5972f5a23c2f3f4af759
    Rank4

I saw the pic you are referring to about an hour ago. Looked like some good OG, but I dont really get too wrapped up in the seemingly gimmicky named OGs (planetary strains, star wars strains, presidential strains, etc). Its damn hard if not impossible to find pure OG as it used to be, as it has been bastardized and then distributed both for testing and attempting to recreate an exact genetic duplicate countless times over the years.

In reply to spintool
    Square_fe80c9673db701311e199a71
    Rank6

I havent tried it but have heard good things from patients that have.

In reply to spintool
    Square_1508c6991123a51d6588ebbf
    Rank5

Tokyo OG has been popular in San Diego ever since she hit the scene. I first remember her popping up about a year or two ago and if I recall correctly, Higher Level used to keep Tokyo OG Kush in stock quite often. I never tried it as I always found Higher Level's flower medications to be too dry for my liking. I did however just pick up a 1/4 of Tokyo OG less than a month ago. And while I love a strong OG as much as anyone, that's all Tokyo is. It's got a great potent smell and it's effects punch you in the face with a pillow and then work their way down the rest of your body. Again, a fine little OG, that leans heavy towards the indica side of the coin. Not as good as say Loompa Farms' Overlord OG or 619 VSOG, but on par with most of the planetary strains but with shorter (duration of) effects.

Again, that's all my opinion and/or recollection. Thanks,

J.

In reply to spintool
    Square_highland_ranch_and_fishing_376
    Rank

I just picked up som from MJ Express delivery here in Poway. Small frosty lil nugs. Light smell and taste. Nothing too over whelming. Has a nice lil punch to it. <!-- swink --><!-- swink -->

In reply to spintool