Map Filter:

Best Way / Time To Eat An Medical Edible?

posted by Ry4n R at about 1 year ago

Square_dab
    Rank3

Should you eat on empty stomace? After a meal? Or when is the best time to enjoy an edible at full extent thanks? :woohoo:

Square_cannabis-cures-cancer
    Rank6

best time is when available and as much as possible :D

In reply to Ry4n R
    Square_missing
    Rank1

Thanks for the info! I'm a big dude with a ridiculous tolerance, and I never feel edibles, even on an empty stomach. Would heating up an edible in the microwave prior to consumption change the potency or anything?

In reply to Ry4n R
    Square_a4e5542efb4359c2c7986a8a
    Rank5

4TPLB wrote:
    I'm a big dude with a ridiculous tolerance

You and me both.

I'll be watching the thread :) In reply to Ry4n R
    Rank5

Hmm. This looks like a good opportunity to get some edible info into the thread.

How does the edible work for you on a daily basis?

Is it hard to get just the amount of stone you are looking for?

Is it easy to get either too blazed to work or not medicated enough?

The reason ive stuck to inhaling is the immediate availability of the effect -and- the ability to meter the dose pretty precisely. i would LOVE to learn the ways of the edible if it can be as effective as inhaling for daily, all-day treatment.

'Toke

In reply to Ry4n R
    Square_f1bef64b297919e67dcce21e
    Rank6

^^^ Hitting the nail(s) on the head^^^

Over or under-medicating is inevitable with edibles until there is some standardization of quantity and quality used. Even then tolerances differ among patients, and even an individuals tolerance level can fluctuate.

Eating medicated munchies when you have the weekend to screw around is one thing. If they don't work, just smoke more - if they get you too high . . . well is there "too high" on the weekend?

However - if you're truly trying to medicate via ingestion, buy or make hash, and dose it yourself in a gelatin capsule and simply swallow with water. You can weigh it, and experiment. Eventually you'll know how much you need, and how often. You'll never do that with edibles unless you bake individual servings yourself at home.

As you can see, I'm not a big edible fan for medicating . . . but they taste good! :cheer:

In reply to Ry4n R
    Square_dab
    Rank3

Rank5

Thanks much to Oldschool and Ganja. I got something from both posts so that was good.

Im thinking i may try some edibles next time i head to a co-op. Gee i wonder where Im gonna go..

In reply to Ry4n R
    Square_f1bef64b297919e67dcce21e
    Rank6

Hit up IvyHellCat - she knows where the strong edibles are. Also, I find tinctures are more consistent and easier to dose. Greenerside makes good ones (I like the mint).

In reply to Ry4n R
    Square_cannabis-cures-cancer
    Rank6

Pot should be consumed on a empty stomach about 1 1/2 hours before you want the effects to take place weather it be a.m. or p.m.It takes that long for the thc to be metabolized in the liver into its primary active metabolite ,hydroxy 11 and into the bloodstream to the brain.20 min later its secondary metabolite is produced 11nor9carboxy rounding off the effects.

In reply to Ry4n R
    Square_bf1db054a6b55eeb9872fa0c
    Rank5

I wrote this on another website's forum, so I cut and pasted it to here. I hope this helps <!-- s:) --><!-- s:) -->

Some Helpful Hints for Edibles

I see a lot of posts that talk about people who do not think edibles work on them. Well, for some that may be true, but for others I hope you will give edibles one more try if you haven't used these tips for getting the most out of each edible experience. The reason I am starting this thread is because edibles are the only thing that makes all of my symptoms and problems abate, and I am hoping to bring this joy to others. A day without pain for me is a miracle day for me, and I remember each and every one of them. I am not an edible guru, but I have been taking edibles regularly for quite a while now and I know how to best make them work for MY body

Here are some helpful (I hope) hints for getting the most out of your edibles experience.

A few tips for edibles to work at their peek.
    1-Ask yourself when was the last time you took an edible? (if it has been within a 48 hour period I normally do not take an edible because it will not effect me on the level desired. Though you can take edibles all day everyday if you want, I do not because the efficacy goes down so very much for me).
    ~If within 48 hours I will take the edible another time.
    ~If after 48 hours I will take the edible, no prob.
    2-Make sure you have not eaten for at least 2 hours prior.
    3-Know your dosage (how much of the edible should you eat? Ask your local BudTender, and truly you may need to experiment on your own... I did).
    ~Personally, I normally buy "Enjoyable Edibles Brownie", Hubby bars, Bhang bars and 4.20 bars and eat the entire thing for one dose.
    4-Eat the entire dose at once (I am talking about personal dose size).
    5-Have a glass of milk with your edible. It engages to THC. (whether this is more wives tale or not, I find it does help me personally).
    6-Give the edible at least 2 hours to work or kick in.
    7-I personally at the 2 hour mark like to have a hit or two to get the ball rolling.
    8-For longer lasting effects have a hit or two every hour to hour and a half (not a full normal dose, remember you want the edible to be doing most of the work, or else why eat it ).

Good Luck and Happy Medicating

Feathers

In reply to Ry4n R
    Square_missing
    Rank

I have eaten edibles twice and both have lasted over 36 hrs. I have known because of my severe allergies that I am very sensitive. Both quantities that I ate were small. So going forward I will only eat a small button size amount.