Map Filter:

Do you medicate inside your house?

posted by Sicc at about 1 year ago

Pages:
    Square_bbaeebd850bc94c0d3805b99
    Rank6

I always have to medicate in the backyard.....I wish there was a place I can kick it at & just medicate , dispensary's should have rooms lol

Square_d595bd8b92c59ba3aee7b0dd
    Rank6

I always medicate inside my house, bedroom or living room. It's too bad you can't!

In reply to Sicc
    Square_803f576777bda67829ce30e7
    Rank5

on my couch, on the patio, in bed sometimes... hash hits usually take place in the kitchen, and there's nothing as relaxing as chillin on the patio with a j :)

In reply to Sicc
    Square_76e2d1af9509b304ae203397
    Rank6

Hey at least you have a backyard :P

In reply to Sicc
    Square_dab
    Rank3

I Smoke Out In The PAd All DAy Long My Friend I Puff Fuego?

In reply to Sicc
    Square_378a7754d349718f0d9d9106
    Rank5

Yes. I do, but you should be aware of certain things:

The smoke can stain windows over time. My apartment, during college, I was charged out of the security deposit for them having to clean all the windows when I left.

There are also smells, which can collect on walls, carpets, curtains, etc. More importantly, I do not want my work clothes smelling like I live.

I have been trying out a cardboard or plastic tube, with 3 wadded-up fabric softener sheets stuff inside. You exhale through it, and really seems to kill most of the smoke.

Smoking outside has problems, too. Even with a big backyard, if I lit up, ALL my neighbors would know. I would rather they did not know.

In reply to Sicc
    Square_f1bef64b297919e67dcce21e
    Rank6

This is actually a pretty interesting thread. We rarely talk about the fact that our favorite herb's pungency is both a positive and a negative thing.

I assume we all love the smell of weed whether it's fresh, dried or on fire - I know I do. But all those smells are somewhat different and they're all instantaneously recognizable. They're also stronger than you think.

I live in a good location and I'm lucky enough to be able to smoke inside or outside most of the time, but don't kid yourself . . . everyone within 25 yards smells it and most know what that smell is! I personally don't much care - I'm legal and I'm not obnoxious about it.

However . . . that said, there are issues. Reeking at work - not good.

I hate it when I've just exhaled a huge hit, and I'm probably coughing like a maniac . . . and the doorbell rings. I have 3 options when that happens.

1. Grab the can of my Orange concentrated air-freshener - so the house smells like someone smoked a joint in an orange grove. (who am I kidding?)

2. Pretend I'm not home and wait for them to walk away so I can see who it was (and possibly invite that person in for the rest of the joint)

3. Answer the door and risk whatever happens.

None of these things are good -

I keep all three of my ceiling fans on and I open strategic windows that maximize air-flow and don't open to a neighbors window - what do you do?

In reply to Sicc
    Square_2043077b0e32fa2e7b4b7014
    Rank5

I smoke in my house all the time! Its really quite relaxing! I had a conversation with a friend yesterday that was about being able to smell your herb more in a fresh atmosphere than in your home because in your home you are use to the smell. i was at a gas station and my gf was getting gas so i cracked my container open to pack a bowl for the road and as soon as i opened it she told me she could smell it, and she was in the back pumping gas. I know i couldn't smell it =) i guess im use it. anyone else notice that????

In reply to Sicc
    Square_e105cd375899fd8e050e7c92
    Rank6

Our smoking section is the 3rd section of our 3 car garage. Set up with TV, cozy chairs and futon and the must have ceiling fan! We probably spend more time in the garage than in the house! blush

In reply to Sicc
    Square_76e2d1af9509b304ae203397
    Rank6

I have the luxury of the Santa Anas creating a wind tunnel through my house so I just open the back slider and the front door and everything gets sucked out with a quickness. That being said though I typically only smoke in the garage or outside out of respect for those I live with.

In reply to Sicc
    Square_06f39203da1fdac04d87af0f
    Rank5

Check out the Smoke Buddy.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro6ooC4Z3Dk[/video]

In reply to Sicc
    Square_bbaeebd850bc94c0d3805b99
    Rank6

smoke buddy huuuuh? LOL, Im gonna check those out.

I can't smoke inside outta respect of those living with me. You guys are lucky! LOL

I think it would be tight if dispendary's had like a day room, lil room we can kick it at, movies playing or something, & just able to medicate & relax for a lil bit! haha

In reply to Sicc
    Square_55dd018c733039d106b55570
    Rank

I wish, but I just rent a room in a house and I have to abstain...ugh! But I medicate with other patients at their homes, and I do once in a while out in public

In reply to Sicc
    Rank5

I ordered a Honeywell air purifier from Amazon.com

It comes with a HEPA filter (good), and a pre-filter that has activated carbon to absorb odors (clincher). Smoke is one thing, flowering a grow is another. Pictures show all the dust and lint it collects in the pre-filter.

In reply to Sicc
    Square_9b7277f361baaafbaac9f0db
    Rank6

Yeah always been fortunate enough to medicate inside my house. It's nice to be able to have your bong loaded up next to you while surfing rhapsody for your fave new cd or something.

In reply to Sicc
    Square_b686927627aa3ea2510aa750
    Rank5

I still think the bathroom is the best place. Its easy to clean and small. There is little in it that will "catch" the odors ( like carpets and drapes) - and it should have a good exhaust fan pulling out the smoke and exiting above your roof.

In reply to Sicc
    Square_dd3caa8036427d232cd6cc0f
    Rank6

Yeah, the other day one of my room mates had a friend over with 7 or 8 year old daughter. I didn't realize there was a child home when I woke up, so when I walked downstairs with my 2 footer and heard a little girl's voice, I almost shit my pants.

I couldn't use my glass wand because of it. It made me realize I'm pretty lucky that I can smoke whenever I want.

In reply to Sicc
    Square_3f0deeb96e8df393ddeb3b44
    Rank2

I live in a nice apartment complex and I smoke inside and outside on my patio. Thankfully there are many other smokers near me so nobody seems to mind. It is definitely nice to smoke inside and just chill on the couch and watch a movie while lighting up. There is something nice about being outside with the wind blowing around and some fresh air to inhale. I'm all about smoking with some nice scenery like at the beach or a waterfall.

Also a paper towel roll or a soda bottle with some holes cut in the bottom filled with dryer sheets does a fantastic job of killing the smell. I used to live with someone who constantly bitched even tho they were a smoker themselves and after I started using the dryer sheet trick they always assumed I was doing laundry lol.

In reply to Sicc
    Rank5

I have found that an air purifier with a charcoal pre-filter works very well to eliminate the smoke, it also collects dust and allergens. I also expect that this will control grow room odors.

In reply to Sicc
    Square_3f0deeb96e8df393ddeb3b44
    Rank2

I've been to a couple of grow houses that use Ozone Generators and they seem to work damn well although they are fairly expensive.

In reply to Sicc
    Pages: